Well done to everybody who came yesterday for the first October Grindleford Gallop!! We hope that you had fun celebrating your success last night and are having a relaxing day today.
The results – thanks to our tech legends Ed R and Neil – are now available at https://www.racetek-live.co.uk/website/public_results/1217/complete_results/?fbclid=IwAR2g35CDJdLtbn9akNEN8lcwZZ_fRTNsjmTzgbnzMeNLvLOFNo4hAPSIbKA. The results take a short while to load after you click the link so please be patient.
Congratulations to Sage as fastest male at 2:28:43 and Florence as fastest female at 3:12:07.
As always many thanks to the volunteers who make the event happen. In addition to those that you see on the day – such as those at the start/finish and marshals en route – there’s also the kitchen staff, cake bakers, soup ingredient chopper uppers (including some school pupils) and parking marshals.
Thanks also to the good people of Grindleford who tolerate the influx of cars and runners and the sponsors:
- Alpkit – first prize sponsor www.alpkit.com
- The Maynard hotel – second prize sponsor www.the-maynard.com
- Grindleford Station café – third prize sponsor
- Breedon Cement – race number sponsor
- Hassop Station Café – who kindly host one of our checkpoints www.hassopstation.co.uk/café/
- Sir William Pub – who kindly make the soup and let use some of their parking facilities www.sirwilliamgrindleford.com
A final thank you to everyone who entered for supporting our brilliant Grindleford Primary School!
If everything goes to plan we’re looking forward to the Gallop returning to March in 2022. Watch this space and www.facebook.com/GrindlefordGallop for updates.
From Team Gallop